Artificial Grass, is it really something to be considered?
The quality of artificial grass has improved remarkably over recent years and depending upon your budget it is possible to get artificial grass which looks as good as the real thing.
What are the advantages?
- Significant reduction in maintenance
- It is possible to have a nice green lawn in the shadiest of places
- All year round colour consistency
- No watering
- More durable that grass
- Suitable for roof gardens and saves weight
What are the disadvantages?
- The key to a good artificial lawn is preparation and quality, and as a result it is more costly to install than laying a turf lawn, however these costs can be offset by the amount of time and work required to keep the lawn looking good.
- No freshly cut grass aroma in the summer
- Weeds can still set seed in the artificial grass however should be easily removed by hand
- Sweep the lawn once a month which will help the pile stay upright, however if the lawn is heavily used more frequent brushing maybe required to reduce compacting of the pile
- Remove any leaves of the lawn at all times to help prevent ideal conditions for weed and moss growth
- Pet owners remove any fouling immediately. The lawn can be washed down with hot water and detergent to remove any residue
- Avoid any paint spillages on the lawn
- Keep all naked flames and fireworks away from the lawn
- Don’t place any objects on the lawn which have sharp legs to prevent damage to the grass.
Check out our next blog to see the transformation of a customer’s front garden using artificial grass.