When designing a garden it is important to consider all seasons, not just spring and summer.
For example Autumn is a time of change in the garden when all of the lush and colourful planting from summer starts to die back and flowers start to fade. However this season can also bring with it its own colour palette by selecting plants for colour and interest in autumn.
- Carpinus betulus provides gold foliage
- Liquidambar is one of the best trees for autumn colour however check the space required
- Acers are available in range of colours, check the PH level of your soil as they prefer acidic conditions
- Euonymus alatus provide eye catching foliage changing from rosy pink to scarlet
- Continus coggygria has bright orange to pink foliage
- Rubus biflorus
Autumn Flowering Plants
- Cyclamen hederifolium
- Leucojum autumnale