- Apply a good mulch over herbaceous beds to provide protection over the winter period
- Move any tender plants into a greenhouse for overwintering
- Gather and dispose of leaves within the garden. Any healthy leaves can be composted
- Try to keep an area of a pond or pool unfrozen in order to allow noxious gases to escape.
Floating rubber balls in the pool can help.
- Net and remove any plant debris and leaves from ponds/ pools
- Decemberis a good time to plant any bare root heding
- Lift and divide autumn flowering snowdrops
- Winter prune fruit trees and bushes