Small gardens have a lot more potential than you realised
Whether dealing with a narrow garden or a cramped yard the possibilities for creating a garden in a small space are endless.
Considerations when creating a garden in a small space
The key to designing any garden is an exercise in space and planning. Here are a few basic techniques which should be considered when designing your outdoor space:
- Where possible repeat materials used indoors in the outdoor space
- Where possible create the level immediate outside the patio doors the same as the indoor level.
(Remember to take care not to breach the DPC of the property)
- Understand your priorities for the space
- Use planting or paint to disguise walls and fences
- Consider the final size of any planting being introduced
- Think about the suns position throughout the day when deciding the best seating location
- Think about incorporating lighting into your outdoor space to extend use if your garden